Our grants are a commitment by our foundation to invest in organizations for an established period of time to further the work of our priority areas and to impact our overall mission.
Before applying for an available grant, please review our eligibility guidelines (below) and strategies to determine if your program/project would qualify. We do not have a traditional grant cycle, but rather announce opportunities to apply for grant funding on a periodic basis. Our grants range from small-dollar equipment grants to larger, multi-year partnerships. We do not accept unsolicited applications and all applications must be submitted through our online system.
We will provide specific instructions and requirements when grants are available.
You are welcome to sign up for email alerts to learn about upcoming programs and future grantmaking opportunities.
- Your organization must be a 501(c)(3) or an educational or government entity with tax-exempt status. Private foundations and Type III supporting organizations are not eligible.
- The target audience for your grant must be located within the state of North Carolina.
- Each grant cycle sets forth the types of projects eligible for grant funding. Typically we do not fund annual campaigns, political campaigns, religious projects, individuals, endowments, or the purchase of advertising.
As part of the application process, you may be asked for some or all of the following documents:
- Organizational and/or project budget
- Financial documentation (e.g., audited financial statements)
- 501(c)(3) status letter
- Most recent IRS Form 990 filing
A detailed list of requirements will be provided for each specific grant opportunity.