Host the Button Chair
To request the Button Chair exhibit, contact Valerie Stewart. You must also submit the online request form below four weeks prior to your event. Please note that appearances will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Requirements for hosting the Button Chair exhibit:
- It must be a public event or location that is expected to attract at least 150 people.
- The exhibit must remain on display at the venue for at least one week, but typically no more than two.
- The venue must be secure in order to prevent theft, mishandling or vandalism of the exhibit.
- The exhibit must not be handled by anyone other than the BCBSNC Foundation's professional installers.
- The exhibit cannot be placed flush against a wall, as it is a "pass-through" exhibit to allow for viewing from all sides and usage of the interactive computer program.
- Electricity is required. The chair itself (central exhibit) sits on a platform that is enclosed with Plexiglas® on all four sides. The central exhibit is lighted and includes a kiosk on each side.
- The central exhibit is 8 feet tall. It can be displayed with one, two, three or four of the kiosks, depending on the space available.
- Ideal dimensions for the exhibit are 11 ft. x 11 ft. or 8 ft. x 16 ft.
- The exhibit needs to be on level ground.
- There is no charge to have the chair at one of your events.
- Note: Although the expenses involved with the transportation and set-up of the Button Chair are an in-kind contribution from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation, by submitting this application, you are agreeing to pay for any damages (beyond reasonable wear and tear) incurred while on display at your event/site. The installation company will report damages and the applicant will be notified within 5 business days of fees incurred.