Community Oral Health Transformation (COrHT) Initiative Innovation Grants
Dentistry is undergoing rapid change — the impacts of COVID-19 and the emergence and adoption of new care delivery models have elevated opportunities to fundamentally re-orient the oral health care system for better value and greater equity. Under the current system, misallocations of both workforce and care have led to, and deepened, inequities in oral health care access and outcomes, particularly among rural and low-income populations and other historically marginalized groups. Innovations in preventive, non-surgical treatment have been found to lead to better outcomes, improve patient experience, and lower cost, yet there are many barriers to uptake.
As part of an overall commitment to support the implementation of care delivery and operational models focused on teledentistry, minimally invasive care, and integrated and personalized care at eligible clinics participating in the North Carolina Community Oral Health Transformation (COrHT) Initiative, the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation is issuing one-year grants of up to $50,000 to increase the adoption of care delivery and operational practices that prioritize prevention, promote whole-person oral health care by clinics, and identify factors that facilitate or pose barriers to the implementation of these practices.
- Participating in the 2022-23 North Carolina COrHT Initiative.
- Local health department, federally qualified health center, or 501c3 nonprofit clinic.
- Has a fiscal model that includes billing Medicaid for services.
Examples of Potential Work Funded as Part of this Opportunity
- Software or hardware to support implementation of the three domains or enhance future data collection work.
- A portion of staff time to support implementation of the three domains and/or data collection efforts.
- Capital expenses to support implementation of the three domains (e.g., intraoral cameras).
- Other support for the implementation of the three domains.
|Deadline or Activity||First Round||Second Round|
|Funding Opportunity Opens||11/1/2022 11/1/2022|
|Group Action Plan Discussion||11/14/2022||12/5/2022|
|Funding Approval and Notification||11/21/2022||12/12/2022|
Learn More and Apply
For questions about this funding opportunity:
- Daijah Davis at Daijah.Davis@bcbsncfoundation.org