Grantmaking Report: June 2020
July 1, 2020
Category: Grantmaking Reports
The Blue Cross NC Foundation is pleased to share the following grants were approved in the month of June.
- Three-year investment of $225,000 to Children First – Communities in Schools of Buncombe County to coordinate the Western NC Early Childhood Coalition.
- Three-year investment of $1,140,000 to The Conservation Fund to facilitate a statewide food hub-driven capacity building and collaboration effort aimed at building a more equitable and resilient NC food system that will ultimately improve food access, health, and economic opportunities.
- Seven-month investment of $5,000 to the Guilford Native American Association to address the immediate basic needs of the Guilford Native American community in response to COVID-19.
- Three-year investment of $600,000 to NC Child to deepen its focus on transforming North Carolina’s early education system statewide and engage diverse stakeholders with lived experience in strategy development and implementation.
- Nine-month investment of $30,000 to NC Choices to expand local meat processing capacity, resilience, and viability for NC farmers, processors, and staff through targeted technical assistance.
- Five-month investment of $50,000 to the North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation to conduct polling to understand parent needs and to develop a messaging strategy to transform the state’s child care sector in the wake of COVID-19.
- Three-year investment of $775,000 to the NC Rural Economic Development Center to strengthen its leadership and advocacy programming for community health.
- 13-month investment of $150,000 to Triangle Community Foundation in support of the Triangle Capacity Building Network to support adaptation and innovation among organizations led by and serving people of color in Wake, Chatham, Durham, and Orange counties.