See Where We Are Investing Grants
Interactive map allows for statewide or county view
Health of Vulnerable Populations
Improve health outcomes of vulnerable populations served by safety net organizations in North Carolina.
Healthy Active Communities
Increase physical activity and encourage healthy eating habits for North Carolinians.
Strengthen the organizational capacity of the nonprofit organizations in North Carolina.
- Learn more about our Healthy Community Institute
Hello and Welcome
Whether you are returning, or visiting us for the first time, it is our intent to provide the most up-to-date and relevant information about the BCBSNC Foundation and the impact our investments have on the health of our state.
Grantees in the News
- BCBSNC Foundation invests an additional $3 million in ShapeNC
- The 2012/2013 Foundation Annual Report "Stories Behind the Stories" is released
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations spotlights the Foundation's Healthy Community Institute in their latest newsletter
- NCIOM releases expert task force recommendations for obesity prevention for North Carolina's youngest children
- "Things are moving in the right direction" News and Observer editorial highlights foundation and statewide efforts to reduce childhood obesity
- BCBSNC Foundation partners with the NC Council of Churches to support access to healthly food
- 21 organizations across North Carolina receive Healthy Active Communities equipment grants
- NC Institute of Medicine highlights our efforts to reverse childhood obesity across North Carolina
- Shape NC is recognized by the National Institute for Health Care Management as a Promising Practice for their efforts in preventing early childhood obesity
- Kids in Parks’ TRACK Trail expands beyond NC with a trail on the National Mall and thirteen more across the District
- Rural family medicine practitioners are making a welcomed impact in the Prospect Hill Community Health Center
- Farmer Foodshare is expanding its programs that connect local farmers with organizations that distribute food to communities at most risk of hunger and poor nutrition
- NC's Farm to School program expands fleet and access to healthy food
- North Carolina schools get fresh and local
HAC - Equipment Only Grant Requests
The healthy eating equipment grant cycle, open February 10 to March 24, offers grants of $5,000 or less. Learn all the details and what you have to do to apply.
2013 Annual Report
Take a look at the stories behind the stories to see how our grants are changing lives, communities and the health of the state.
@DurhamHealthNC @WNCN #VeggieVan great program and great coverage. Nice 2 C the healthy food connection at work http://t.co/l8Hvohkxax
Posted about 9 months ago
BCBSNCF partners with @ncchurches to support access to healthy foods across NC. Grantees and details: http://t.co/zGbvKgjTqT
Posted about 9 months ago
Great story on North Carolina Free Health Clinics In Flux http://t.co/E3yspDmztX via @wunc
Posted about 10 months ago