Overview and Opportunities
Grantmaking is central to our work as a foundation and investor in the health of North Carolina.
Grants are investments – in organizations, in people, in health. We value and strive to support initiatives and investments that reflect the voices, perspectives, and lived experiences of the people and communities in North Carolina faced with significant barriers to good health. We invite applications based on specific strategic objectives or announce broader opportunities to apply for funding. Our grants can range in size from targeted small dollar amounts to large, multi-year partnerships.
Specifically, our grantmaking supports:
- Access to Care, so that every community in North Carolina’s primary and behavioral health needs are served by a talented, engaged, diverse, and robust workforce.
- Early Childhood, so that every child in North Carolina from birth to age five has the opportunity and resources to be healthy and well-prepared for success in school, work, and life.
- Healthy Communities, so that every community in North Carolina has the conditions for good health.
- Healthy Food, so that everyone in North Carolina has access to healthy food.
- Oral Health, so that everyone in North Carolina has access to quality, affordable oral health services.
Receiving Grant Funding
Unlike some foundations, we do not operate regular grant cycles. Instead, we invite applications based on specific strategic objectives or announce broader opportunities to apply for funding. We encourage those who are interested in receiving grant support to:
- View our current opportunities.
- Sign up to be notified of upcoming grantmaking opportunities.
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions for specific details about our grant process.